Master of Science, University of Heidelberg
March 2011 - July 2014
- Graduated in physics with a final grade of 1.2.
- Applied and modified moving-mesh hydrodynamics simulation software written in
C to study the gas flow around a planet embedded in a protoplanetary disks
(Master's thesis project)
- Carried out Monte Carlo simulations of gravitational microlensing of a
quasar implementing statistical tools in C++ and using Fortran simulation
software (Bachelor's thesis)
IT Assistant, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
December 2012 - June 2014
- Assisted in updating and maintaining a pool of about 20 Linux workstations.
- Migrated web service for molecular computations to a new major version of
the Play! framework.
- Planned a middleware solution to manage the communication between the
frontend of a web service and the cluster running the numerical simulations
requested by users and implemented an early prototype of that.
Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Physics and Astronomy, University of Heidelberg
April 2012 - July 2012
- Supervise beginner's lab course for undergraduate physics students
Trainee, European Space Astronomy Center, Madrid
October 2011 - March 2012
- Carried out an independent research project to assess the astrometric
performance of the Gaia satellite to detect extrasolar planets.
- Implemented software to generate synthetic data and fit a physical model to
it using a Java-based simulation framework.
- Extend the software to work in a distributed context employing both data
parallelism and shared-memory techniques.
- Developed accompanying data analysis and visualization tools in Python.
Private teacher, Unterrichtskreis Schriesheim
March 2011 - June 2011
- Coached about 10 high school students regularly in mathematics and physics
and assisted with home assignments.
Intern, Parliamentary office of Nicole Gohlke (MdB), Berlin
September 2010 - October 2010
- Drafted and finished Bundestag interpellation to the federal government.
- Researched structure of German federal spending on military research
contributing to a report on this issue.